7 Health Benefits of Dates
- Dates are rich in vitamins and minerals including calcium, iron, potassium, phosphorous, manganese, copper, and magnesium. Some of these are found in our plasma and are advantageous for our health
- Dates have high sugar content which will give you energy very quickly after consumption
- Dates have huge benefits during pregnancy and due to their high energy and iron source, which aids mothers during the weakening of their bodies and loss of blood during birth
- Dates are said to help in the cure of intestinal disorders. They help the friendly bacteria in our intestines keep any abnormal activity in check
- Dates are considered laxatives, and so will help with constipation
- They have been reported to keep our hearts healthy
- Studies suggest that dates are beneficial against abdominal cancer
No Dates from Israel...
Ramadan is a time of year when we remember those who are less fortunate than ourselves. When we break our fasts with dates, it would be an affront to us all if these dates were the produce of Illegal Israeli settlements built on land stolen from Palestinians.
Israeli produced Medjoul dates are grown in the Jordan Valley within Illegal Israeli settlements. They form a large part of the agriculture from these settlements and they are exported all over the world. Purchasing these dates means that you are actually helping Israeli settlements to continue to exist.
Palestinian children are employed by these settlers, and they are forced to work long hours under a hot baking sun for small sums of money. This exploitation means that these children miss out on an education.
Most of these dates are exported to Europe.They are labelled as produce of :
- DO NOT BUY THEM.
Instead opt for dates from Makkah or Medinah or any other country apart from Israel...So when out looking for dates ( I'm sure everyone is probably stocking up for Ramadan with just two weeks to go ) READ THE LABEL BEFORE YOU BUY.
Jazaak'allah Khair for reading,come back tomorrow for another good read.