All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all the worlds. May Allah bestow His peace and blessings upon His Servant and Messenger Muhammad and upon all of his family and Companions. Ameen.
The benefits and virtues of this Ayah are numerous.....
It was narrated that Abu Umamah said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said: “Whoever recites Ayat Al-Kursi immediately after each prescribed Prayer, there will be nothing standing between him and his entering Paradise except death.” (Reported by An-Nasa’i and Ibn Hibban.)
Hadhrat Ayesha (R.A.) narrates that one person came to Nabi (saw) and said that there was absolutely no "Barakat" (blessings) in the things at home. Nabi (saw) replied, "Why are you neglectful of Ayatul Kursi."
Whenever Aayatul Kursi is recited upon food, Allaah will increase the Barakat in that food.
For protection of one’s self, wealth, property and home from Satan
Hadhrat Ibne Masood (ra) says that a person requested Rasulallaah (saw) to teach him something that will benefit him. "Nabi (saw) said,” Read Ayatul Kursi, it will protect you, your children, home and even those houses surrounding your house."
Easy child-birth: Hadhrat Fatima Zahra (ra) narrates, ” When the time approached for her delivery, then Nabi (saw) ordered Hadhrat Umme Salama (ra) and Hadhrat Zainab (ra) to go to Fatima and recite Ayatul Kursi and "Inna Rabba Kumullaah" (the whole Ayat) and the last two Quls and blow on her.
Hadhrat Ali (ra) narrates, " I cannot understand how a person, who is a Muslim and owner of reason (intellect), can spend the night without reading Ayatul Kursi. If you knew the benefits of it, then you will never discard it under any condition".
Listen to Ayaat-ul-Qursi with English Translation:
Virtues of Ayat ul Kursi Summarised
• It is the chief Ayat of the Qur'aan.
• The reader of it is protected from the evil effects of the Jinnat from morning until evening and from evening until morning.
• It is from the threshold of the Arsh of Allah (Throne of Allah).
• It is equivalent to a quarter of the Qur'aan.
• Whoever recites it after the Fard Salaat will be protected until the next Salaat and and only death is the barrier between the reader and Jannat inshallah.
• Blowing it upon food and drink brings blessings and abundance on the food or drink that it is blown upon.
• It is greater than the skies, earth, Jannat and Jahannam.
• Whosoever reads it upon entering the home; Satan finds it intolerable to stay there and runs squealing like a donkey.
• The reader, his children, home, wealth, property and the homes of his neighbours are safe.
• Whosoever reads it together with the last Ayats of Surah Baqarah, Shaitaan does not enter his home for at least three days this is how powerful the effects are of this Ayah.
• The Jinnaat cannot open any utensils upon which this Ayat is read.
• In it is the Ism Azam. (Blessed name of Allah; through which the invoker's duaa is fulfilled).
• The thief does not come near its reciter.
• When recited with the last Ayat of Surah Baqarah then the plea of the reader will not go unattended.
• When reading it when going to bed then one is protected until the morning. Two angels are deputed to protect him.
• Whosoever recites it after every fard Salaat, will be rewarded with a grateful heart, a remembering tongue, the reward of being martyred in the path of Allaah, and will also be rewarded like the Siddiques.
• Who reads it and "Inna Rabba bi kum Allaah.." and the last two Quls for a women on delivery, then the delivery becomes easy for her inshallah.
• When one reads it and blows on his possessions and goods, then Shaitaan cannot come near the possessions.
• Whosoever reads Ayatul Kursi and the beginning of Surah Ghafir in the morning then he will be protected and be safe from the morning until the evening and vice versa.