A Truly Inspirational nasheed by Sheikh Mishary Rashid AL-Afasay new for 2013, Sheikh Mishary visits a Madrassah where young children memorise the Holy Quran off by heart. A Beautiful nasheed asking Allah (swt) to open our hearts and minds to learn the Holy Quran easier.
Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) said: "Without doubt, there is an Angel of Almighty Allah whom Allah has given power to listen to the voices of all the people. Whenever any person reads the Durood Shareef, this Angel delivers the Durood Shareef to me. I then plead to Almighty Allah for the person to receive ten blessings for reading a single Durood Shareef". (Jami'us Sagheer).
How should one recite the Durood Shareef?
What should be the persons condition and the conditions of his environment? The following points should be taken into account when reciting Durood Shareef:
1. It should be read with utmost humility and respect.
2. The clothes of the reciter should be clean and free from all impurity.
3. The place where the Durood Shareef is to be read should be clean.
4. It is more superior to be in a state of Wudhu while reciting the Durood Shareef. (Not a must, can be recited without Wuduh [Islamic Academy] )
5. It is better to sit in the Tashahudd position as you would sit when in Salaah and recite the Durood Shareef with concentration and the respect due to it.
6. It is preferable to face Madinatul Munawwarah.
7. If possible, one should have sweet fragrance around the place.
8. The reciter should try and understand the meaning of the Durood Shareef.
9. One should possess a clean and untainted intention. One should read with the sole intention of pleasing Almighty Allah and Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim).
10. The person should not be involved in worldly talks.
11. A person should try his level best to follow the example or Sunnah of the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim).
12. When reading Durood Shareef, you should try and imagine that you are sitting in the august presence of Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim). Utmost respect and reverence should be displayed.
13. Whenever one hears or recites the Durood Shareef, it should be read and written in full. It is also preferable to kiss one's thumb and rub them over one's eyes when hearing the name of the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim). It's a Sunnah of Hazrat Abu Bakr Siddique (Radiallah Tala Anhu).
14. When the reading of the Durood Shareef is completed one should praise Allah Ta'ala that he has given you the opportunity of reading such a great Zikr as the Durood Shareef.
15. Whenever one takes the name of the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim), one should use titles of respect and reverence.
16. As an advantage one should count (if possible) on one's fingers as Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) often encouraged this practice because on the Day of Qiyamah those same fingers will bear witness at the time when they are questioned.
17. Recite Durood Shareef wherever you are (not in the bathroom or toilet) and during any occasion.
40 Benefits of Reciting Durood e Ibrahimi
1. For every Durood Shareef that you recite, ten sins are forgiven, ten good deeds are entered into your sheet of actions and ten position are upgraded.
2. Allah showers ten blessings on the man who recites a Durood. 3. The first man who will meet the Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) on the Day of Judgement will be that person who had recited the Durood maximum number of times in his life time.
4. Those who recite Durood in maximum number will be nearest and dearest to the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) in the next world.
5. If any one is involved in a difficulty then he must recite countless number of Durood Shareefs.
6. Reciting Durood Shareef eradicates poverty and hunger.
7. If the Sawaab of the Durood Shareef is dedicated to another person, then thatperson will receive the Sawaab, while the Sawaab of the reciter will not be lessened.
8. Reciting excessive Durood Shareef brings purity.
9. Reciting maximum number of Durood Shareef is full compensation of all sins.
10. Any one who recites excessive Durood Shareef in this world will be safe and sound in the next world.
11. When a prayer is made to Allah it is never accepted unless praise of Allah Ta'ala and Durood Shareef on the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) is first of all recited.
12. Those who recite Durood quite often will see Divine Light on the dark Day of Judgement.
13. Three persons will be under the cool shade and the favours of Allah Ta'ala on the Doom's Day. One who kept the Holy Prophet's (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) Sunnah alive, one who removed difficulty of a fellow being and one who recited maximum number of Durood Shareef in his life time.
14. When you forget anything and your memory fails to recollect it, then recite Durood, you will remember the forgotten thing.
15. Reciting Durood in this world is rewarding in the next.
16. The reciter of 10 Duroods in the morning and 10 in the evening will receive the help of the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) on the Day of Judgement.
17. One who recites Durood Shareef near the shrine of the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) is heard by him there and then alone.
18. Any one who recites Durood is just as one who purchased a slave and freed him.
19. If a Durood is written in a book by someone Angels of Allah shower blessings on him till the Durood remains in that book.
20. The Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) said that he himself recites blessings on one who recites Durood on him.
21. Any one who wants to meet his Allah with a happy face must recite countless number of Durood Shareef.
22. Reward equivalent to a big mountain (Uhad) is given to one who recites one Durood.
23. All people will be presented to the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) with their habits, natures and distinct manner, so it is obligatory for a man to recite maximum number of Durood.
24. Allah is Great and Almighty to forgive all sins of the reciter during the day and night when he recites Durood Shareef.
25. If any one meets in a tragedy, he should recite Durood Shareef in countless numbers.
26. Reciting Durood is like giving something in charity.
27. Reciting maximum number of Durood kills all hardships.
28. Recite Durood Shareef in countless number on Friday, as it is presented to me (the Holy Prophet).
29. Bad deeds of 200 years (equivalent) are obliterated if a man recites 100 Durood on Friday.
30. Anyone who recites Durood will overcome all their troubles.
31. If the name of the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) is mentioned and one who hears it but does not recite Durood Shareef, understand that he has forgotten the path to Paradise.
32. "I pray for all those who recite Durood on me", said the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim).
33. If any one recites Durood Shareef from any place, any part of the world from any distance, it actually reaches the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) immediately. Allah Ta'ala has appointed several Angels who are given exclusive duty to collect all Durood Shareef and present the same before the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) immediately.
34. Angels of Allah shower 70 blessings on a man who recites Durood once.
35. Whenever you hear the call of prayers (Azaan) you should recite Durood.
36. Wherever you are, from any quarter of the world, you must recite Durood as it reaches the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim).
37. Ablution is not complete if Durood is not recited on it.
38. The Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) said to his wife that any one who hears the name of the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) and does not recite Durood on him will not see the beautiful face of Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) on the Day of the Judgement.
39. Sayyiduna Ali (radi Allahu anhu) reports that Rasoolullah (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) said, "The real miser is he in whose presence I am mentioned and then he fails to recite Salat on me".
40. If a person recites 1 000 Durood Shareef daily, he will never die unless he himself sees his place in Heaven with his own eyes.
Jumaa'h Mubarak to all , Insha'allah I hope all Muslims around the world spend Jumah's devoted in reading Durood Shareef and praying for themselves and all other fellow Muslims. Jazaak'allah Khair for reading.
Islam prohibits backbiting and slandering
Major sins are indeed the cause for all misery, evil and torment in this world and the hereafter.
And the worst of all sins are those that are greatest in harm and danger to humanity. Among the destructive major sins are backbiting and slandering. These two sins are forbidden by Allah (swt) because they sow enmity, evils and discord among people and lead to destruction. They cause hostilities between people of the same household and between neighbors and relatives. They can decrease in good deeds and increase in evil ones and lead to dishonor and ignominy.
Backbiting and slandering are shame and disgrace. Their perpetrator is detested and he shall not have a noble death. Allah (swt) forbids these acts, Allah (swt) says in the Holy Quran:
"O you who have believed, avoid much [negative] assumption. Indeed, some assumption is sin. And do not spy or backbite each other. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his brother when dead? You would detest it. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is Accepting of repentance and Merciful." Surat Al-Ĥujurāt 49:12
In this verse, Allah strongly forbids backbiting, and he compares the backbiter to one who eats the flesh of his dead brother. If he would hate eating the flesh of his brother, he should also hate to eat his flesh while he is alive by backbiting and slandering him.
When one reflects deeply over this assimilation it will be enough to keep one away from backbiting. Furthermore Abu Hurrairah (r.a) narrates that the Holy Prophet Muhammed (saw) said :
"Do you know what backbiting is?” They said, “Allah and His Messenger know best.” He then said, “It is to say something about your brother that he would dislike.” Someone asked him, “But what if what I say is true?” The Messenger of Allah said, “If what you say about him is true, you are backbiting him, but if it is not true then you have slandered him."
Backbiting is so widespread among people that it has become an issue of people’s meetings and an avenue for expressing their anger, misgivings and jealousy. Those who indulge in backbiting are hiding their own imperfections and harming others. They are oblivious of the fact that they are only harming themselves.
This is because the backbiter if the wrongdoer and his victim is the wronged, on the Day of Resurrection both the wrongdoer and the wronged will stand before Allah Who is the Just Judge and the wronged will appeal to Allah to avenge the wrong done to him, Allah will then give this wronged person from the good deeds of the person who wronged him in accordance with his wrong by backbiting his brother on a Day that no father will give his son any of his good deeds nor a friend to his friend. All will be saying, ‘Myself, myself.’
So, fellow Muslim brothers and sisters in Islam, you should beware of slipping of your tongues and do not give it free hand to wreak havoc on you. For a too free tongue destroys its owner and causes him calamities and evils. Jazaak'allah Khair for reading.
The Etiquette of proper recitation of Qur'an
Allah (swt) only accepts deeds that are correct and sincere. A sincere deed is one done for Allah (swt) alone and a correct deed is one done according to the rules of Sharia' (Islamic law). Therefore a reader should follow certain principles when reciting.
The most important rules are as follows:
'So when you recite the Quran, seek refuge in Allah from Satan, the expelled.'
4. The reader should say then say "Bismillah hirrahman nir rahim" at the beginning of every Surat except of Surah At-Tawbah.
5.The reader should read with spiritual openness (khushu) out of respect for the Qur'an. Allah (swt) says:
'If We had sent down this Qur'an upon a mountain, you would have seen it humbled and breaking down from fear of Allah...'
6. The reader should read with thoughtfulness, reflecting about the meaning of what one reads and act upon it too.
7. The reader should read the Qur'an using tajweed and recite it in the best way.
8. The reader should hold back the urge to yawn during reading until it is gone.
9. The reader should avoid interrupting a recitation for the purpose of talking to people, except when necessary.
10. The reader should ask Allah (swt) for His bounty at a verse of mercy and to seek refuge with Allah (swt) at verses of warning.
In the name of Allah, the Most Compassionate, the Most Merciful
All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all the worlds. May Allah bestow His peace and blessings upon His Servant and Messenger Muhammad and upon all of his family and Companions. Ameen.
The benefits and virtues of this Ayah are numerous.....
It was narrated that Abu Umamah said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said: “Whoever recites Ayat Al-Kursi immediately after each prescribed Prayer, there will be nothing standing between him and his entering Paradise except death.” (Reported by An-Nasa’i and Ibn Hibban.)
Hadhrat Ayesha (R.A.) narrates that one person came to Nabi (saw) and said that there was absolutely no "Barakat" (blessings) in the things at home. Nabi (saw) replied, "Why are you neglectful of Ayatul Kursi."
Easy child-birth: Hadhrat Fatima Zahra (ra) narrates, ” When the time approached for her delivery, then Nabi (saw) ordered Hadhrat Umme Salama (ra) and Hadhrat Zainab (ra) to go to Fatima and recite Ayatul Kursi and "Inna Rabba Kumullaah" (the whole Ayat) and the last two Quls and blow on her.
Hadhrat Ali (ra) narrates, " I cannot understand how a person, who is a Muslim and owner of reason (intellect), can spend the night without reading Ayatul Kursi. If you knew the benefits of it, then you will never discard it under any condition".
Listen to Ayaat-ul-Qursi with English Translation:
Virtues of Ayat ul Kursi Summarised
• This is the loftiest Ayat of the Qur'aan.
• It is the chief Ayat of the Qur'aan.
• The reader of it is protected from the evil effects of the Jinnat from morning until evening and from evening until morning.
• It is from the threshold of the Arsh of Allah (Throne of Allah).
• It is equivalent to a quarter of the Qur'aan.
• Whoever recites it after the Fard Salaat will be protected until the next Salaat and and only death is the barrier between the reader and Jannat inshallah.
• Blowing it upon food and drink brings blessings and abundance on the food or drink that it is blown upon.
• It is greater than the skies, earth, Jannat and Jahannam.
• Whosoever reads it upon entering the home; Satan finds it intolerable to stay there and runs squealing like a donkey.
• The reader, his children, home, wealth, property and the homes of his neighbours are safe.
• Whosoever reads it together with the last Ayats of Surah Baqarah, Shaitaan does not enter his home for at least three days this is how powerful the effects are of this Ayah.
• The Jinnaat cannot open any utensils upon which this Ayat is read.
• In it is the Ism Azam. (Blessed name of Allah; through which the invoker's duaa is fulfilled).
• The thief does not come near its reciter.
• When recited with the last Ayat of Surah Baqarah then the plea of the reader will not go unattended.
• When reading it when going to bed then one is protected until the morning. Two angels are deputed to protect him.
• Whosoever recites it after every fard Salaat, will be rewarded with a grateful heart, a remembering tongue, the reward of being martyred in the path of Allaah, and will also be rewarded like the Siddiques.
• Who reads it and "Inna Rabba bi kum Allaah.." and the last two Quls for a women on delivery, then the delivery becomes easy for her inshallah.
• When one reads it and blows on his possessions and goods, then Shaitaan cannot come near the possessions.
• Whosoever reads Ayatul Kursi and the beginning of Surah Ghafir in the morning then he will be protected and be safe from the morning until the evening and vice versa.
Jazaak'allah khair for reading.I hope all Muslims will benefit from what I have written and take the required actions they need to be one step closer to Jannah. Ameen.
7 Health Benefits of Dates
With under 16 days until the blessed month of Ramadan Insh'Allah, I thought it would be interesting to write about why we should eat dates during the other 11 months of the year. I would also like to bring to attention that all Muslims during the period of Ramadan should refrain from buying dates from Israel more about not buying dates from Israel after I tell you all about the health benefits associated with dates :
No Dates from Israel...
Israelis will claim that Palestinians are allowed to work on the land of these settlements and therefore they are provided with jobs and a boycott will harm them. In actual fact, these Palestinians are employed for paltry wages, and they are required to do the back-breaking work that the Israeli settlers will not do themselves. This means the Israeli settlers reap the rewards for the harvests while doing very little of the work themselves.
Palestinian children are employed by these settlers, and they are forced to work long hours under a hot baking sun for small sums of money. This exploitation means that these children miss out on an education.
Most of these dates are exported to Europe.They are labelled as produce of :
- DO NOT BUY THEM.
Instead opt for dates from Makkah or Medinah or any other country apart from Israel...So when out looking for dates ( I'm sure everyone is probably stocking up for Ramadan with just two weeks to go ) READ THE LABEL BEFORE YOU BUY.
Jazaak'allah Khair for reading,come back tomorrow for another good read.
The 6 Kalimas are the essence of Islam. A true Muslim is one who is completely aware of the meaning of the 6 Kalimah, proclaims it with sincerity and devotion, and acts and lives in accordance to its requirements.
The Kalimahs came into existence to facilitate the easy memorising and learning of Aqeedah (beliefs). It has no Shar’ee compulsion as far as its memorising is concerned. When they came into existence is not known.
A true Muslim is someone who is completely aware of the meaning of the Kalima, proclaims it with sincerity and devotion, and acts and lives in accordance to its requirements. This is why a Muslim should read there 6 kalimahs daily and act upon what they say.....
1. Kalima-e-Tayyabah (Word of Purity)
Kalima-e-Shahaadat (Word of Testimony)
I bear witness that none is worthy of worship but Allah, the One alone, without partner, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and Messenger.
Kalima-e-Tamjeed (Word of Glorification)
Glory be to Allah and praise to Allah and there is none worthy of worship but Allah, and Allah is the Greatest. And there is no might or power except with Allah, the Exalted, the Great One.
Kalima-e-Tauhid (Word of Unification)
There is none worthy of worship except Allah. He is alone and has no partner. To Him belongs the Kingdom and for Him is all praise. He gives life and causes death. In His hand is all good and He has power over everything.
Kalima-e-Astaghfar (Word of Penitence)
I seek forgiveness from Allah, who is my Creator and Cheriser, from every sin I committed knowingly or unknowingly, secretly or openly. I also seek His forgiveness for all sins which I am aware of or am not aware of. Certainly You (O Allah!), are the Knower of the hidden and the Concealer of mistakes and the Forgiver of sins. And there is no power and no strength except with Allah, the Most High, the Most Great.
Kalima-e-Rud-e-Kuffr (Word of Rejection of Disbelief)
O Allah! Certainly I seek protection with You from, that I associate partner with You anything and I know it. And I seek forgiveness from You for that I do not know it. I repended from it and I made myself free from disbelief and polytheism and the falsehood and the back-biting and the innovation and the tell-tales and the bad deeds and the blame and the disobedience, all of them. And I submit and I say (there is) none worthy of worship except Allah, Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah.
Jazaak'allah Khair for reading.
The many healthy benefits of eating yoghurt
How important is yogurt in our diets? Well, those of us who have been to the grocery store lately have noticed that yogurt truly overpowers the dairy isle. With so many choices, many of us end up standing in front of this product for twenty minutes in order to decide on the healthiest choice. However, for those of us who don’t incorporate yogurt into our diets, here are several reasons why this delicious snack is beneficial to our health.As one of the oldest foods known to man, yogurt is a product of pure milk.
And indeed, for you in grazing livestock is a lesson. We give you drink from what is in their bellies - between excretion and blood - pure milk, palatable to drinkers.(Surat ul Nahl, 16:66)
It is said that Rasulullah, (S.A.W.), fed his followers with yogurt when they became ill.
Now yogurt has become one of the essential foods used to break the Ramadan fast and is also a traditional addition to the "First Day of Eid" breakfast in the Arab countries.First of all, yogurt is made of milk and by consuming milk we get a dose of animal protein in our diet. A six ounce serving contains about nine grams of protein. Other beneficial ingredients in yogurt include calcium, magnesium, potassium, vitamin B-2, and vitamin B-12. Something new those yogurt consumers may have noticed recently is the word “Probiotics.” Probiotics are friendly bacteria which are naturally present in our digestive system. What this bacterium does is it aids in boosting our immune system and promotes a healthy digestive tract.
" 5 SUPER BENEFITS OF YOGURT" :
1. Yogurt maybe helpful in the battle against ulcers. Ulcers are now known to be caused by bacteria living in the stomach, which is usually treated with large doses of antibiotics. However, some evidence shows that eating lots of live active culture yogurt keeps ulcer-causing bacteria under control. When yogurt is consumed, the beneficial bacteria take up residence in the digestive tract and begin to compete with the harmful ulcer causing bacteria. It also helps other lactose product break down properly, thus restoring a more healthy environment in the intestines.
2. Yogurt can also decrease your risk of contracting colon cancer, because it contains lacto bacteria. Lacto bacteria are 'good bacteria' because it helps to keep your colon clean and free of wastes, while aiding in digestion. Yogurt is also a rich source of calcium, as most dairy products are. Calcium aids in the development of strong teeth and gums, and can make your bones less brittle, which reduces the risk of developing osteoporosis.
3. Eating yogurt on a regular basis can help you to absorb the nutrients in other foods as well. For example, eating yogurt helps the body to absorb calcium and B-vitamins more readily, so you can get the most nutritional value out of your meals. In turn, yogurt can also boost your immune system, since you are able to take in the maximum nutritional value of foods, which makes your body better equipped to fight off toxins.
4.Softening of stools in formula fed infants probiotics are commonly added to infant formulas with the added benefit of softening stools. Improvement of the immune system probiotic bacteria may help the immune system by increasing the number of cells that kill off unwanted compounds in the body.
5.Eat yogurt during and after a round of antibiotics to replenish the healthy bacteria in the body which are destroyed by antibiotic medication. It is best to eat yogurt at least 2 hours before or after taking your medication and daily for 2 to 4 weeks after finishing your medication. Yogurt eaten during a round of antibiotics also helps to prevent diarrhea, a common side effect of the medication.
Anger, How a Muslim Deals With It
Anger is one of the evil whispers of Shaytaan, which leads to so many evils and tragedies, of which only Allaah knows their full extent. For this reason Islam has a great deal to say about this bad characteristic, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) described cures for this "disease" and ways to limit its effects, among which are the following:
(1) Seeking refuge with Allaah from the Shaytaan
Sulayman ibn Sard said: "I was sitting with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and two men were slandering one another. One of them was red in the face, and the veins on his neck were standing out. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, `I know a word which, if he were to say it, what he feels would go away. If he said "I seek refuge with Allaah from the Shaytaan," what he feels (i.e., his anger) would go away.'" (Reported by al-Bukhaari, al-Fath, 6/337)
(2) Keeping silent:
The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "If any of you becomes angry, let him keep silent." (Reported by Imaam Ahmad, al-Musnad, 1/329; see also Saheeh al-Jaami', 693, 4027).
(3) Not moving
The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "If any of you becomes angry and he is standing, let him sit down, so his anger will go away; if it does not go away, let him lie down."
(4) Following the advice of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him):
Abu Hurayrah, may Allaah be pleased with him, reported that a man said to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), "Advise me." He said, "Do not become angry." The man repeated his request several times, and each time the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told him, "Do not become angry." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, Fath al-Bari, 10/456)
(6) Knowing the high status and advantages offered to those who control themselves
The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "The strong man is not the one who can overpower others (in wrestling); rather, the strong man is the one who controls himself when he gets angry." (Reported by Ahmad, 2/236; the hadeeth is agreed upon). The greater the anger, the higher the status of the one who controls himself. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "The strongest man is the one who, when he gets angry and his face reddens and his hackles rise, is able to defeat his anger." (Reported by Imaam Ahmad, 5/367, and classified as hasan in Saheeh al- Jaami', 3859)
(7) Following the Prophet's example in the case of anger
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is our leader and has set the highest example in this matter, as is recorded in a number of ahaadeeth. One of the most famous was reported by Anas, may Allaah be pleased with him, who said: "I was walking with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and he was wearing a Najraani cloak with a rough collar. A Bedouin came and seized him roughly by the edge of his cloak, and I saw the marks left on his neck by the collar. Then the Bedouin ordered him to give him some of the wealth of Allaah that he had. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) turned to him and smiled, then ordered that he should be given something." (Agreed upon. Fath al-Baari, 10/375)
When you feel anger come upon you recite this dua beneath, and don't let shaitan to win. Jazaak'allah for reading.
The Story of Pride..
"I am better than him (Adam), You created me from fire, and him You created from clay" (Quran, Al-Aaraf: 12).
The dawn of evil started with the arrogance and rebellious nature of Shaitan’s (also referred to as Satan) enmity with man started when Allah (SWT) created the first man, Adam (a.s). Satan was from amongst the “jinn” who have been created with the ability to obscure themselves from human sight, and who constitute a world of their own. When Almighty Allah (swt) asked the jinn and angels to bow before Adam (as) Shaitan refused :
"And (remember) when We said to the angels: ‘Prostrate yourselves unto Adam.’ So they prostrated themselves except ‘Iblis’ (Satan). He was one of the jinn; he disobeyed the command of his Lord" (Quran, Al-Kahf: 50).
Satan’s arrogance – reinforced by his false logic, and jealousy – prevented him from obeying Allah’s command.When Satan refused to obey Allah’s commands, Allah asked him for the reasons of disobedience of the Lord or the worlds. Allah (swt) says in the Quran:
When Iblees was certain that he was doomed, he resolved to mislead whomever he could from the slaves of Allah, so that they would be with him in Hell. All because of his pride and arrogance that Adam (as) was made from clay and he was made from fire, Iblees vowed that he would mislead all of Adam (as) Ummah until the Day Of Judgment.
Satan’s ultimate goal is to make people go astray and eventually to turn them into disbelievers, or polytheists at a minimum. The manner in which Satan pursues that goal varies in accordance with the interests and inclinations of his victims. For example, he uses piety to attack the pious; scholarly disciplines to attack scholars; false reasoning and logic for those who take pride in being knowledgeable, and ignorance to attack the ignorant. Allah (SWT) Has warned us in the Holy Quran:
“O Children of Adam! Let not Shaitan (Satan) deceive you, as he got your parents (Adam and Hawwa’ (Eve)) out of Paradise,”(Quran, Al-Aaraf: 27).
Everything that happens among the sons of Adam of kufr (disbelief of the Truth), murder, enmity, hatred, the spread of immorality and fornication, the public wanton display of women’s beauty, drinking alcohol, worshipping idols and other major sins, is all the work of Satan to corrupt mankind and to drive people from following the way of Allah and drag them to the Fire of Hell with him. So, let’s remember that when we find ourselves around evil or being lured by it, Satan is engaged in his work and our task is to fend off his plans and remember that :
The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “Whoever has pride in his heart equal to the weight of a mustard seed shall not enter Paradise.” Someone asked, “A person likes to wear beautiful clothes and fine shoes.” He replied, “Allah is beautiful and likes beauty. Pride means rejecting the truth and looking down on other people.” [Sahih Muslim]
LIVE Quran APP